Saturday, 24 November 2012

Nice Isn't Always So Nice










Standing on a Nice street corner at three AM waiting for the police to contact the local ambulance was not on our checklist of things to do in this gorgeous region of France known as the Cote d'Azur. I had been feeling ill since leaving Barcelona for Nice and now I was so dehydrated that I had to finally get some medical care. After a few days of recuperating, we were ready to see the sights of this playground of the rich and famous (and a few gazillion tourists). We took the local bus to Monaco and checked out the Casino (I cashed in my winnings for a new set of wheels, not!). The boats were fun to look at (nothing like these on Lake of the Woods) and the homes were definitely from a different 'economic class'. We'll have to come back and see this part of France with a little bit less stress.









No comments: